Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Magic of Ordinary Days

We originally started this blog as a way to share our vacation photos with our friends and family.  It's been fun posting information during our last couple of trips.  Vacations are a fun, relaxing time when everyone is having a great time and you see the good in everything.

Lately I have been considering blogging on a more regular basis.  One of my favorite sayings is "the magic of ordinary days".  (Ok, it's actually the name of a one of my favorite Hallmark Channel movies.)  I think I like the saying because it reminds me that there is magic in everyday, not just when you are on vacation.

Like I said, I have been thinking of blogging more of the ordinary moments, the everyday.  Then today I had a sign from above.  Actually it was a sign from the Pioneer Woman.  See, there is one blog out there that I read religiously.  I don't know why.  I can't really associate with Ree Drummond and her life on an Oklahoma horse ranch.  If you have time, I recommend you check her out, http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/.  Her post today was all about ten important things she has learned while blogging.  It really inspired me to blog more often.

I have no idea if anyone will read this.  I just hope that when you do read about the magic I find in my ordinary day, you take a minute to reflect on what is magic in your life.  Consider this fair warning: family, friends, co-workers, strangers on the street corner, you are all fair game.  At any given time you may show up here.  I promise not to post anything that could be held against you if you ever wanted to run for public office.  Just know that sometimes, you help to create the magic in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment