Friday, April 9, 2010

Take Two

Sometimes things don't go according to plan.  Take today for example.  Scott woke up not feeling very good.  We thought that it might be the fact that we ate at In and Out burger at 11:00pm last night.  As the day went on, he didn't get any better.  We did go to IKEA and Scott was a trooper the whole time.  He was done after that though.  We checked into our hotel around 2:00pm and haven't left since then.  I did go next door and get a slice of pizza for dinner.  Hopefully tomorrow he will feel better.

So, I have been thinking of a way to close out our Hawaiian vacation photos and I started thinking about when they put outtakes at the end of a movie.  That is always my favorite part.  Below are a few photos that didn't make it to the blog on the first go around.  I would consider these our outtakes.

Scott "riding the waves" on the rock wall.


I have the tickets to go out to the Arizona memorial just as the park ranger makes the announcement that all trips have been cancelled.


I made up for the disappointment of the cancelled tour by finding a group of young sailors.


Sometimes you have to depend on a stranger to take a picture.  Apparently the guy who took this photo didn't think that getting the whole sign in was important.


This was the only picture from the look out that my hair wasn't in my face.  Unfortunatly, it's blowing straight up.


We got a little bored waiting for the Dole Plantation train.


This girl saw Scott taking pictures and she wanted to be in them.  I had no idea until I looked at them later.


This was at the Aloha Stadium flea market.  Sometimes you go along with a picture so you can just move on to the next booth.


I don't know what lens Scott used for this picture, but I have informed him it is not the most flattering.  At least it makes you taller and not wider.


This was payback for the kissing fish picture.


The island of Kauai is overrun with wild chickens.  Scott thought it was funny to chase the chickens while doing the chicken dance.  It was kinda funny.


This was funny.  When he stood behind the sign, it looked like he didn't have any shorts on so I had him take his shirt off.  It was pretty funny.


After hiking to the lookout in the rain, this was the view that we saw (or didn't see).  No wonder no one else was up there.


We never let a little rain hold us back.


After setting up this picture, the waitress showed up just as I pushed the button.


While snapping an underwater photo during our snorkeling, I inhaled a huge amount of water.  I don't think I am laughing, I think I am choking.  Scott was laughing though.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha!!!! very funny! these might show up in the employee appreciation slide show. just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete