Saturday, September 18, 2010

Get Along Little Doggies – September 17, 2010

We headed south out of the park to enjoy a little trail riding. This was one of two things that we had planned prior to leaving for vacation. When we arrived at the Yosemite Trail Rides place, we were the only two people signed up for the ride. It was supposed to be a two hour ride, but we left about 45 minutes early and stayed out a little late. I think it was closer to three hours. My butt agrees!

The ranch hand took this picture of me and my horse Lucy and Scott and his horse Kate
Scott had the camera duriing the ride so this is a shot of his view the entire time
This was the closest I got to a picture of Scott actually riding a horse
We then headed farther south into the town of Oakhurst. This is pretty much the closest town south of the park (about 15 miles). We ate lunch at a restaurant on Bass Lake. The water was really low at the lake and you could tell the season was pretty much over. Still, the view was spectacular.

After lunch, we came back to the park and took a short nap. Riding horses really takes it out of you. I sat around and read my book while Scott walked around and took pictures. Another dinner in the hotel dining room. The food is good, but it’s also the only option. The hotel is starting to fill up for the weekend. I think we were spoiled the last couple of days with it being during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment