Wednesday, September 22, 2010

On Top of the World – September 21, 2010

Being on vacation for a week has caught up with us. Between the two of us, we had one clean pair of underwear. I let you figure out who won that coin toss.

We spent the morning making several trips to load the car. I am really not sure where all these bags came from. We then spent two hours doing laundry at the public laundry mat, catching up on our blog, writing a few postcards, and regrouping.

Doing laundry (it was a slow picture day!)
After seven days in Yosemite, we left the park today and drove east. The drive took us through the park, over Tioga Road. Tioga Road is the highest road in the Sierra Nevada range. Our destination for the next five nights is the town of Lee Vining, California.

The summit of Tioga Road
Leaving Yosemite
Going down Tioga Road.  Not much to see.
We got here last night around 5:30pm and checked into the Lake View Lodge Cozy Cabin #14C. I will post pictures later of our cozy cabin. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the Wawona Hotel. The history of the place was amazing. I even survived the shared public bathrooms and showers. But now we have our own small kitchen, which I used to cook dinner last night. We have our own bathroom. We have internet, which means we don’t have to drive to post our blog. We even have TV. Yes, I am happy that I got to see the season premiere of Glee last night.

Scott is finishing breakfast and then we are heading out into town (a block away from here) to find out what all there is to do and to plan the next few days. By the looks of it, it should take about 20 minutes to see the entire town.

No comments:

Post a Comment