Tuesday, September 8, 2009

T-minus Three Days and Counting

Stacy: It's three days until we leave for our cross-country trip. Scott turned in his vacation day today and is working the last of his scheduled shifts until October 5th. Having Labor Day off makes this a short week for me; short weeks usually take the longest to get through. The housesitter hopefully comes tomorrow to go over everything. The house is a disaster with piles that need to be organized and packed. I am still waiting on a bunch of free vacation guides that I ordered a few weeks ago. I haven't slept in days. Last night was especially hard because we spent a good amount yesterday making reservations and pre-buying tickets to things we know we want to do along the way so I laid in bed and thought about all of that. I got an email from the Fire District Chaplain today. He said that when we are half away across the country and it's hot and we are tired, just remember that we love each other and that tomorrow it will be better. That made both Scott and I laugh. I am headed to the couch to read through the Texas tour book that came today. Texas is a pretty big state, and the book is pretty thick.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to follow you are on trip!! Remember to pack lots of car snacks!!!

    ReplyDelete