Friday, September 18, 2009

Day Eight (My Feet Hurt!!!)

We had a lot of fun today. We went to Dollywood!!!! We were pretty much the youngest people in the park. We walked miles and miles. We rode the Dollywood Express train around the park. The weather was about 75 degrees and could have rained at any moment (but it never did).

After a day at Dollywood, we went to Dolly's Dixie Stampede dinner show. Neither of us had ever been a dinner show. The room was laid out like a horseshoe and everyone on one side cheered for the North and everyone on the other side cheered for the South. Then the actors came out and competed in different horse events. There was trick riding, wild horses, longhorn steers, and convered wagons. While we were watching the show, the waiters (dressed in the uniform of the side you were sitting on) brought out dinner. The kicker was that they did not provide any type of silverware. We had to eat everything with our hands.

Tomorrow is another day of hiking around. I need to take a couple of advil tonight before I go to bed. I have a feeling I will need two more in the morning to even get out of bed.
Dollywood!!!!
Reading the map and planning our attack route.

Scott had to get in line with the only children in the park to get his picture taken.

This picture is for my sister. As we pulled into the parking lot, I had a flash of Wally World and what I would do if the park was closed for renovations.

4 comments:

  1. Dollywood? I have no words right now. Were there any Dolly drag queens there? You guys know- IIII willll allllways love youuuuu. Even if you have to work 9 to 5 wearing a coat of many colors. Oh ya why'd ya come in here lookin' like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. North of course! Once again the North won. I wonder if the South ever does win. I also wonder if these people know that no matter what, the outcome is always the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You see any other cool folks there with you?

    ReplyDelete