Friday, September 11, 2009

Day One

Stacy: Anybody who knows me knew that I would not make it through an entire day of work. Yeah, I left at noon. I knew that Scott was at home waiting to load up the car and get on the road. We headed out for our adventures.

Goodbye Keno, hello open road. Next time this car sees this driveway, it will have another 10,000 miles on it.
We thank you Oregon! Don't worry, we'll be back in 22 days.

Boy, Nevada is nothing to write home about. So far we haven't seen much of anything that would make us want to come back.


We stopped to see Scotty at his summer work guard station at Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge. It's kinda hard to miss considering it was the only thing around for miles.



Scotty had a minor run in with a wild paint horse and now he may have to have shoulder surgery. Don't worry, a couple of days on light duty and he will be back to normal.


I had never seen a wild burrow. This one looked at me like he had never seen a human.


Scotty went all out and got the herd of wild burrows to come up to the car! I thought I was at Wild Life Safari.
Well, tomorrow is another day. That is if we make it through the night in the crazy motel in Denio Nevada. I swear the walls are paper thin. The people next door are singing old black slave songs (and not very well mind you). No TV! I don't know what I was expecting when we were able to pay for our dinner, beer, and the room all at the bar. Should be interesting. Good thing is that there is nothing here to make us late for getting on the road in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment