Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Time Well Wasted

If you ever wondered what sunrise around here looks like this time of year, wait no more.

IMG_2673

This was yesterday’s sunrise, taken by Scott on his way over the hill to meet Scotty.

Scotty is working for the federal government.  He is loving what he is doing.  One downfall is that he is required to take a two-three week layoff this time of year.  This kinda reminds me of being a child and being told that you have to take a nap.  As a child, you don’t want to take a nap.  There is too much to do, too much to see, you’re not tired, etc., etc., etc.  But now, as an adult, there are days when I wish someone would tell me that I have to take a nap.  I am not sure that I would mind if someone told me that I had to take a two-three week layoff.  Sorry, I got a little sidetracked from the story.

Scotty’s big plans were to spend this time with his buddies fishing, running around in the woods, and just generally hanging out.  Unfortunately, these friends aren’t on their mandatory layoff.  They have to go to work.  Fortunately, Scotty’s dad has four days off each week.  Jackpot!

IMG_2688

“Hey Dad, how would you like to get up at 5:00am and head over the hill to go fishing with me?”  Are you kidding me, Scott thought Scotty would never ask.  With a list a mile long of things to do on his day off, Scott headed out before sunrise.

IMG_2722

A day on the river is never a wasted day.

IMG_2732

Hamburgers for lunch cooked outside on a grill.

IMG_2765

I debated about posting this picture.  If our dogs got wind that Scott and Scotty took another dog fishing, oh I don’t even want to imagine the attitudes they would get.  Scotty is staying at a friend’s house and they encouraged him to take their dog out for the day as well.  This picture will be our little secret.

The fish weren’t really biting on the river, but somehow I don’t think yesterday was about the fish.  Now, maybe if Scotty’s get really bored during this layoff he can come by the house and do some of those things on Scott’s list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment