Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Brunch

coffee

I hope you had a great weekend!  It’s nice to get together again.  It’s been a busy week, but we took a little time to relax this weekend.  I won’t bore you with the work stuff from this past week.  It’s our Sunday, let’s not talk shop.

Scott and I decided that we would get away for a few hours this weekend.  We headed up to the Pinehurst Inn for dinner and a night’s stay.  I love going up to the Pinehurst.  It’s only 25 miles from our house, but it might as well be 250.  It takes about 45 minutes to get there because the road is very curvy.  Plus, it’s been snowing off and on the last few weeks and there were still patches of ice on the road.

Our plan was to just sit and enjoy the quiet.

IMG_4387

That’s exactly what we did.  It was a slow weekend and there were only three other couples staying.  I love that they seat everyone for dinner at different times so that you feel like you are the only table eating.  We had the best London Broil with a red wine mushroom gravy.

IMG_4384

It would snow off and on throughout the day.  It was so nice to just sit by the fireplace and read my book. 

IMG_4397

Scott’s not really the type to just sit and do nothing.  He wandered around the house taking pictures.  He did some work on his computer.  He even took his turn playing the piano that the Innkeeper Donnie plays for everyone after dinner.

It was nice to get away, but nobody came by and did the laundry or any of the household projects.  It was back to reality as soon as we got down off the mountain.

Oh, in case you were wondering, I have an update on the infamous “shoe of the month” pair of shoes that I ordered a month ago.  I told you last week that they got lost at the post office.  Surprisingly, they showed up in a post office package box on Tuesday.  No explanation as to where they had been for almost two weeks.  The only thing written on the box was “3/10”, the date the post office received them.  Needless to say, I have the shoes now and I absolutely love them!  Now, we just need some nice weather so that I can wear them outside of the house.

Well, another weekend is over and Monday is looming in the near future.  There is still laundry to be folded and things to be put away before the week starts.

See you next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment