Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Brunch

I am so glad that we get to spend the last day of winter together enjoying a warm cup of coffee.

coffee cup

Notice the sunshine in your cup?  According to the weatherman, we won’t be seeing this anytime soon around here.  We are now in the pattern of snow in the morning, rain in the afternoon, and just plain cold at night.  The grass isn’t sure whether to take the time to turn green yet, or wait another week.

How was your week?  I spent part of the week by myself, as Scott went to visit Nick and check out his potential new house.  It’s a pretty big moment when you buy your first house.

It was a busy week for me, and after getting back from several days of travel, Scott and I decided that we were going to take Saturday off and do nothing.  That’s exactly what we did, nothing.  We figured out how to watch the Netflix through the Wii, so we caught up on a bunch of shows and movies that we didn’t even realize we were missing.  It was so nice to spend the day together, doing nothing.  Those kinds of days are few and far between.  You know how that goes?  How life somehow gets to moving so fast that you feel guilty about taking a little time for yourself. 

Remember a few weeks back when I talked about joining the shoe of the month club?  I ordered my first pair of shoes and waited for them to come.  Hmm, how do I explain what came of that?  Maybe it’s just best if I show you.

image

So here is the very long story short.  My shoes actually arrived at the Post Office.  The lady at the Post Office swears she put them in package box #6, along with my Amazon book order, and then put the key in our mailbox.  Yeah, that is not what happened because the only thing in box #6 was my Amazon order.  After Scott went to the Post Office twice, several phone calls back and forth, and the lady asking me a half dozen ways if I got the box with the shoes in it, and me answering her “no” every different way she asked, we have reached the conclusion that there is nothing I can do about getting my shoes.  Somewhere in this little town, someone is wearing these right now, I just know it!  To be completely honest, at this point it’s not about getting the shoes, it’s about proving to the lady at the Post Office that I never got these.  My hope is that someone will be nice enough to return them to the Post Office.  It’s been over a week, so I am thinking that it isn’t going to happen, but a girl can hope.

What do you have on tap for this week?  I have a couple of long days and late nights scheduled at work.  No Spring Break around here.

I hope you have a great first week of Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment