Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Brunch

Wow, has it really been a week since our last Sunday together?  Why does it feel like time is moving so fast?  If we had met for brunch today, I would ask you if you have any tips for slowing down and enjoying every moment.

This week I spent most of the time at work alone.  The other girls were out doing other stuff, which left me by myself to hold down the fort.  I actually had some time to sit down and work on projects that needed a time commitment.  I enjoyed the time, but I am looking forward to having someone to talk to again.

I also spent most of the week not feeling good.  I never ended up going to the walk-on clinic, so I don’t actually know if I had anything official, but it sure felt like it for a couple of days.

A couple of weeks ago, a woman from my hometown passed away suddenly.  It has brought up a lot of memories and it was important for me to go to her memorial service yesterday.  It was good to see people that I hadn’t seen in a really long time and to be back in my old high school gym after 20-years of being gone.  Boy, did that bring back even more memories.

The traveling was definitely like Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride.  Even though it was 65 degrees in Eugene, it was raining like a banshee.

IMG_9685

Then there were signs that a windstorm had passed this way.

IMG_9691

Hmmm, this might have been a pretty serious windstorm.

IMG_9702

This guy was not so lucky.  Wait, by the looks of this, he was extremely lucky!  Check out the diameter of the tree that fell on the back of his car, which was completely gone.

IMG_9725

Here’s a little bit of trivia for you.  Can you identify the object in the center of this picture?

IMG_9738

It’s not exactly the angle you normally see one of these at.

IMG_9741

Just in case the rain and the wind weren’t enough, the snow and ice made the adventure complete.

IMG_9762

I am not sure I am ready to start another week.  Just think, by this time next week we will know who Brad picked to propose to.  If you don’t know what I am talking about, it just means you have a life on Monday nights. 

I wish you the best this week and I hope that the adjustment to losing an hour this weekend is quick and painless.  I just feel bad for everyone that has to deal with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment