Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Brunch

We meet again.  Unfortunately, I won’t be giving you a hug today.  I am not feeling up to par this weekend and would hate to pass this along.  Although, I am pretty sure that I was the lucky recipient from someone else.

I won’t be having coffee today.  I think that tea would be better for this sore throat.

cup of tea

Do you have a secret remedy for a sore throat?  I would gladly take any advice right now.  To add to the pressure of not feeling well is the fact that the other girls at work are off last week and this coming week.  That literally means that I am the only one at work.  Calling in sick is not an option.

So, tell me about your past week.  The weather here has been rainy which has made most of the snow disappear.  I love the rain.  I know it may sound crazy, but this is the weather that I grew up with.  I love to lay in bed at night and listen to the rain on the roof.  We only have a few really rainy days here.  Around here things slow down when it rains.  People decide not to go out because they might get wet.  Hmmm, snow doesn’t stop anything, but a little bit of rain and it’s all over.

I picked up my knitting again this week.  I love the fact that I can sit with my family and knit.  When I scrapbook, I am usually in the other room, away from everyone.  Knitting is portable and I can sit next to Scott on the couch and watch tv.  Pretty soon I look down and I have another scarf completed.  Now I just need to learn more than two stitches to shake things up.

Have you ever joined a “of the month club”?  You know, like cheese of the month, wine of the month, fruit of the month, book of the month….  Did you know that they have a “shoe of the month club”?  They do!!!  With a little encouragement from my coworker (thanks Kim), I am expecting my first pair any day.  I will be sure to share with you how this goes.

Last night we went to the local performance theatre to see One Night of Queen. 

one 1

As the name eludes to, it’s basically a cover band that performs the songs from Queen.  The lead singer definitely played out the Freddie Mercury role perfect.  The songs were great and we really had a good time dancing in front of our seats.

Well, I hope today is not any indication of how this week is going to go. I will definitely be calling it an early night and hopefully sleep is all I need.  I hope you have a wonderful week. I look forward to seeing next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment