Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Brunch

coffee

It’s good to see again.  It’s been a short week since we met last Monday.  Do you ever feel like those short weeks are actually the longest?

Scott left Tuesday morning for a meeting in Gresham on Wednesday.  Two more days of road tripping for him.  Unfortunately the weather turned bad on Wednesday and it took them eight hours to drive home, which would normally have been a five hour drive.  It looks like our Spring weather has been delayed for a while longer.

I had meetings Tuesday night and Wednesday night. Two meals out took its toll on my “eating good” this week.  I can’t pass up dessert, especially when it’s a double chocolate brownie.

Scotty came to visit Thursday night.  He was headed to Medford for some fun time with his friends, but the weather and the roads were bad so he decided to make a pit stop and stay the night at our house.  It’s always fun when the boys stay.

Scott is teaching a HazMat class in Keno this weekend, so he is working the 8-5 shift.  I love it when he works those hours because, while he is doing it, he understands the work schedule I have and why I don’t want to do a whole lot when I get home  from work.

I am proud to report that I finished out Hawaii scrapbook yesterday.  I plan to post a blog on this project and show a few of the pages.  Do you have any projects that are weighing heavy on your mind that you just can’t find the time to finish?  Sometimes you just have to push aside all the other things you should be doing and take some time for yourself, to accomplish those things that usually take a backseat to everything else.

Speaking of working on projects, this turn in the weather has made it easier to finish some other projects around the house.  This morning I spent two solid hours cleaning out our computer desk.  This included four drawers of file cabinets.  It had reached a point where the drawers were so full that they were literally breaking.  It’s not my favorite thing to do, office work, on my day off.  Boxing up old files, making new files, etc., ugh not my idea of fun.  It’s ok when I’m getting paid to do it, but I have a huge list around here of things I would rather be doing.  Now, at least I can cross this one off for another year.

Remember a few weeks ago when I told you that the weather was so nice around here?  Things have changed. 

IMG_9493

The middle of the day and the thermometer reads 18 degrees.  It’s actually warmer today than the last few days.  One thing is for sure, Mack and Daisy love the snow.  They played for a solid nine hours yesterday.  Every time I looked out at them, they were wrestling in the snow.  Now we have the trails all over the yard.

IMG_9484

The news says more snow for this week.  I never know when to trust the weatherman.  It doesn’t matter what he says, it’s going to do what it’s going to do.  I just know I need to keep my snow boots out for a little longer.

I need to get going.  I have my bookclub meeting tonight and I still have to bake my apple/blackberry pie.  I love bookclub.  We always have good food (that’s why I skipped the scone today) and great conversation. 

Have a great week.  Hopefully we will talk again before next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment