Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Brunch

Yes, I know we usually meet on Sundays, but due to the holiday, and some travel, we had to postpone until today.

untitled

It’s great to see you again.  I hope you had a good week.  Me, I had a great week.  I am so thankful that today is a holiday.  I desperately needed the extra day to catch up.  Do you ever feel that way; that you need a vacation after your vacation?

After we met last week, I traveled to Sunriver on Monday to meet about the 2012 Oregon HazMat Conference.  It seems like it is so far off, but we are now less than one year away.  I drove north through blizzard like weather.  It snowed so hard until about 15 miles south of Sunriver.  Once we got there, there wasn’t a speck of snow anywhere to be seen.  We purposely went that day because it would the same time of the year that we are having the actual conference next year.  Everything looked great, and everyone had fairly easy travel to get there.  It was just a one day meeting, so we all traveled home Monday night.  Little did we know that sometime between 5:00pm on Monday and 5:00am on Tuesday, the area received 10-12 inches of snow and basically shut down everything in Bend and Sunriver.  I am really happy that we didn’t have to travel on that day, but I am worried about next year!

This was a short week at work for me.  I only had to go into the office on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Don’t you hate those short weeks that actually seem longer than a regular week.

We left early Thursday morning to head to Idaho.  For the second time, I participated with a group of fabulous women in the Women with Bait Steelhead fishing tournament.

IMG_2347

We had so much fun and have already made our reservations for next year!  Tune in tomorrow night for the highlights of the fishing tournament.

Today’s is President’s Day.  It’s one of those holidays at work that we can work and take the day off at another time.  I fully intended to work today.  It’s always so quiet on those holidays, and we tend to get a lot done.  That idea went out the window when we got home last night.  After four very long days, I decided to stay home and get some stuff done.  Before meeting up with you, I went to town to run several errands, get groceries, pick up the dogs at the vet’s office, and try to catch up with the laundry.  I am happy to report that most of these things got done.  I also managed to fit in a nap and a movie.

Tomorrow is back to reality.  Work is waiting.  It’s always an adventure to see what missing three days of work brings.  It looks like our coffee cups are empty and the bill has been paid.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment