Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Brunch

Isn’t nice that we get to spend this small amount of time together every week.  I am glad that we can take some time to catch up.

images

If we were meeting for brunch today I would probably order a non-fat, sugar free vanilla latte.  I know, it sounds kinda stuffy, but after the holidays, the parties, the dinners, the football games….. somehow a few extra pounds managed to find their way to my butt.  Now I am working on shedding those pounds.  It’s back to planning the healthy dinners, taking leftovers for lunch, enjoying a banana smoothie each morning for breakfast (instead of the bagel with garlic cream cheese from the local bakery), and packing healthy snacks to munch on throughout the day.  Honestly, I don’t think this is torture.  Actually, it’s easier to pre-plan out the week and do the grocery shopping so that it’s one last thing to think about on those busy days.

We would talk about books and what we are reading.  This past week has been a very productive book reading week.  I finished up my bookclub book.  This month we read “Room” by Emma Donogue.  Not my favorite, but not the worst book I have ever read.  It will go on my shelf, but probably won’t get picked up again.  My friend Kim that I work with gave me a book for Christmas.  “Black Heels to Tractor Wheels” by Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman.  I follow her blog faithfully and knew that she was writing a book about how she met her cowboy husband, their courtship, and their first year of marriage.  I knew once I picked up this book, I would not be able to put it down.  I was right.  I planned my week so that I would have Saturday basically free to sit down with the book.  I can count on one hand how many books I have purposely sat down with to spend the day reading cover to cover.  This book would be one of them.  I loved it!  I will keep my copy, but have already ordered another copy to pass on to my mom.  Last night I started my third book of the week.  “The Secret Year” by Jennifer Hubbard.  This book is a fairly easy read.  It’s the story of a secret relationship between two high school students; a rich girl and a boy from the wrong side of the tracks.  She is killed in a car accident early on in the book and her brother gives the boy a journal she kept during the year they were together.  It follows him reliving the year they spent together through the letters she wrote to him in her journal.  So far it’s really good.

I have to report that I spent a lot of time this week on my computer.  I finally made the decision to break down and order an IPod.  I have a cheap Mp3 player that I have used for the past three years.  It’s nice, but it doesn’t hold much music and I can’t listen to it without earphones.  I have spent probably 20 hours this week trying to get my music all lined out on iTunes before I even load it on to the IPod.  This has been quite the project and I hope to get it finished today so that I can listen to it on my drive to my meeting in Bend tomorrow.

I guess the biggest news this week is this:

IMG_9390

Blue arrived in Lakeview sometime between Thursday night and Friday morning.  When the dealer came to work Friday morning, there she was parked out front.  Scott, who is usually calm, cool, and collected, called me at work so excited that I almost couldn’t understand what he was saying. 

IMG_9375

A few hours later we were on our way to Lakeview.  After a short speech from the dealer, we were headed out.  The best part of the trip was getting to see Scotty’s place and eating dinner out with him.

IMG_9378

There is something about buying a car in a small town.  We were at the dealership all of a half an hour.  No paper signing, no haggling, no drama.  Scott gave the dealer the down payment and they are going to wait until next weekend to sign the paperwork in case there is a better sale price over President’s Weekend.  If all goes well, this was the best car buying experience ever!

I can’t stay much longer.  I have a lot to do to get ready for our fishing trip to Idaho this week.  I expect to have some pretty good stories to share with you next Sunday.  Give everyone a hug from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment