Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Brunch

So, we meet again.  I hope you had a good week.  This week flew by at our house.  I spent the first part of the week in Seaside at a conference.  I love the beach!  (Just in case I haven’t told you enough).  Because of the conference, I only had to work in the office three days.  That makes the week go by fast.  Don’t you love those short weeks?

Friday night we had dinner with four of the other five couples that we will be going to Idaho with in a couple of weeks.  We had so much fun.  Scott and I don’t go out with friends very often.  It’s not that we don’t like to, it just doesn’t ever seem to work out.  Like I said, we had such a great time.  It made me think that maybe after we go to Idaho, we should invite everyone out to our house for dinner and maybe game night.  Do you have friends that you get together with on a regular basis?  I think it’s really healthy to get together and just have a good laugh.  I hope we can keep this up somehow.

This weekend is one of the very few weekends when we don’t have anything specifically scheduled.  Scott had to work on Saturday so I planned on spending the day cleaning the house.  That way we could enjoy Superbowl Sunday relaxing.  So Saturday I got up, sat on the couch, watched three movies (the wonderful Hallmark Channel Countdown to Valentine’s Day movies), took a shower, spent two hours going to the grocery store (I learned that the first Saturday of the month, which also happens to be the Saturday before Superbowl, is not the best time to shop.  Plus, we usually go together and Scott is in charge of the cart while I pick out the groceries. He unloads the cart, while I bag the groceries at the other end.)  My routine was all thrown off and I needed to take a break once I got home. Then I watch another two Hallmark movies, made dinner for myself, and watched  another Hallmark movie.  Needless to say, no cleaning got done yesterday.

Today is Superbowl Sunday.  It’s actually been a very productive day at our house.

IMG_9219

Scott spent part of the morning putting together our new TV stand.  There were some touch-and-go moments putting all the electronic stuff back together. 

Scott’s next job was to make the appetizers for Superbowl.  He, of course, made his famous Jalapeno Poppers.

Before:

IMG_9238


After:

IMG_9244

Are you like me and you watch the Superbowl for the commercials and the entertainment.  What’s your favorite Superbowl commercial? 

It’s been crazy weather around here.  It’s the first part of February and the thermometer got up to 64 degrees today.  All of the snow is gone.  I thought I would go out today and take a picture of the dogs enjoying the sunshine.  It sounded a lot easier than it actually was.  Daisy loves to have her picture taken.  She has her spot on the front porch steps that she sits on to have her picture taken.  Mack, well Mack is a whole other story.  I have no doubt that he has ADHD.  He cannot sit still for anything.  If I do manage to get him to sit, I can’t say anything or he will immediately get up and come towards me. 

Take One:

IMG_9222

No Mack, stay means stay.

Take Two:

IMG_9223

Ok, so at least he is on the steps with Daisy.

Take Three:

IMG_9224

Oh look, a butterfly!

I bet you didn’t notice the first signs of spring in these pictures.  Last fall, my friend Kate gave me a whole bunch of flower bulbs.  I planted them in my washbasin thinking that they would come up in the spring and fill the washbasin.  After they were done blooming, I would dig them up and store them for replanting again in the fall.  Some of the bulbs are a little confused at what time of the year it is.

IMG_9227

The worst part of all of it is that we get all excited that the good weather is on the way, but we know in our hearts that winter is no way over.  According to the groundhog, spring is coming early, but I’m pretty sure it won’t be this early.

Well, I hope you have a great week.  We’ll talk again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment