Sunday, January 2, 2011

To Resolve or Not to Resolve? That is the Question.

I have resolved this year to not make any resolutions.  That way I don’t feel like I let myself down when I break them.

What is it about making a New Year’s resolution?  All it does is set us up for failure.  Honestly, if it was something that you wanted to do, you would probably already be doing it.  People make this list of several things they want to change about themselves and then try to do it all at once. 

Not me.  I have decided that I am going to make resolutions this year, I am just going to space them out, and they are actually going to be more like goals.

My first goal for 2011 is to stay up on my scrapbooking.  I love scrapbooking!  I feel like it’s my way of leaving a written history of our lives.  Imagine if you had a scrapbook that your great-grandmother made.  That’s what I think of when I am putting our memories down on paper.  Someday, I hope someone will find our lives interesting.  Even if it’s just looking at our clothes, hair, cars, and lifestyle and laugh about how antique everything is.

I worked on several pages today for our Hawaii trip scrapbook. I hope to get this scrapbook done in the month of January.  It’s been eight months since we went.  Looking at the pictures today made me feel like I was back there in the warm, sunny weather.  It was a nice break from the highs in the mid-20’s we are experiencing.

Right now I am just going to set the one resolution.  Let’s see how well this one goes before making any more commitments.

No comments:

Post a Comment