Friday, January 14, 2011

Nothing is Forever

This morning, Kim and I were at work talking about her getting a tattoo.  She expressed her concerns about having this tattoo forever.  We talked about how you have to choose wisely so that you don’t end up with something that years down the road doesn’t mean anything.  There are few things in this world that are forever.

I have two tattoos.  My first is a daisy on my right ankle.  Daisies are my favorite flower.  I can’t imagine that would change.  Daisies won’t do anything to me in my lifetime that will make me hate them.  I figure that’s a pretty safe option for a lifetime choice.

My second tattoo is a Sagittarius symbol on the inside of my left wrist.  It’s pretty small, but because of where it is, it’s highly noticeable and I have people ask me about it all the time.  Up until this afternoon, I believed that this was also a wise choice for a “forever” mark on my body.

Well, things have changed (and I am not sure how to deal with it at this point).  I don’t know the details, and I can’t bring myself to do the research, because every web site I go to makes me more confused.

To sum it up, scientists have decided to change the number of astrological signs from 12 to 13.  One article I read said that this 13th sign always existed, but somewhere along the way they decided to ignore and go with 12, because that easier??????

Most of the population has experienced a change in their astrological sign.  for example, Scott is no longer a Libra, he is now a Virgo.  So, in symbol terms, he has gone from this:

Libra

To this:

Virgo

Not so bad.  Now I am not saying that he won’t struggle with the change.  He was fine with this until I told he changed, and then he was a little taken back.  Yeah, honey it’s not just me.

As I mentioned before, they have now decided to go from 12 signs to 13 signs.  That means that somewhere along the calendar, some people will now have not only a new sign, but a brand new sign.  Lucky me, I fall into the brand new sign category.  I am going from this:

Sag

To this:

ophiuchus1

What the hell?????  Are you kidding me?????  I am going from a simple arrow sign to a sign of a guy with a snake between his legs?  You have got to be kidding. 

I am hoping that this is the largest Internet hoax, and that none of this is really happening.  If you think for one second that I am changing this simple arrow on my wrist to this guy, you’ve got another thing coming!

The other side to this is that scientists are saying that this new change only effects people who were born after 2009.  How does that work?  The world suddenly changed in 2009? 

So now when someone asks you what your sign is, are you supposed to say ‘I’m one of the original Sagittarius”, or “I’m an old Sagittarius”, or “I’m one of the new Ophiuchus.”?  How do you even say this?

Lesson learned the hard way, nothing is forever!  I pray that the daisies never let me down!

1 comment:

  1. Still laughing!!! a man with a serpent between his legs... sounds like a pick up line! Oh and I thought it was pronounced OFF ME CUZ. woot woot.
    (that's the sound of a whistle tip!)

    ReplyDelete