Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Brunch

I am glad that we were able to meet again for Sunday brunch.  Yes, it has been a whole week since we last spoke.  I feel horrible for not making time this week to post anything.  I couldn’t come up with anything really inspiring to say.

This week was busy, even though the first part of it dragged.  I forgot to tell you last week that Wednesday was Scotty’s 23rd birthday.  He has finally reached the age where the milestones are more spread out.  Can you believe that he is 23?  Where were you when you turned 23.  We would have a lively conversation about how much we know now that we didn’t know then.  Scotty stopped by work to see me on Wednesday (I’m pretty sure that it’s because I had his presents, but I like to think it was more about seeing me). So I was happy that I got to see him on his actual birthday.

Scott came home on Friday.  I took the day off work to go over to Medford and pick him up.  You know how it is when you take a day off work and then you loose all track of what day it is.  I am experiencing that today!

Anyway, I picked up Scott.  His flight was right on time and was able to land because the fog was at a minimum.  That was nice.  We ate lunch in Medford and then came home to catch a quick nap before heading out to pizza for an impromptu retirement party.  Even though Scott was so tired from traveling, he wouldn’t have missed it for the world.

Saturday morning we got up early to get a jump start on the day.  Don’t you hate those weekend days when you actually get up earlier than you do on the days you have to work.  We headed into town and had breakfast with Scotty before going over to the furniture store that was having a huge sale.  This sale had been the talk of the town for a couple of weeks.  Everything was 50% off and we were in search of a new bed for Nick’s room.  After making deals with the salesman, you know those back and forth conversations that could just be avoided if the salesman just told you the final price first, we ended up purchasing a bed set up and mattress.  Now we just have to wait 8 weeks for it to arrive.

Next on the agenda was to drive to Salem.  I am attending a conference in Seaside Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday and since it started at 11:00am on Sunday, I decided it would be easier to drive part of the way on Saturday.  This would always be my preference since I get to spend time with my family or Dawn.  Plus, I got to stop by the library and see my sister at her work.  She gave me the full tour and I got to see the private comings and goings of what happens behind the counter at the public library.  I feel like I have secret information!

Last night I stayed with Dawn.  it was nice to get to visit for the evening before she had to go to work.  Luckily I got to see her for about a half hour this morning before I had to meet Jamie and make the drive to Seaside. 

So, now I am in Seaside.  Don’t you love the Oregon Coast.  I miss not living 45 minutes away.  Now it’s a good 5 hour drive for us just to see the ocean.  We rarely go, but when I get over here, I realize how much I miss it.

IMG_9155

By the way, Jamie is happy to pose for a picture if it’s going to be posted here.

I am sorry I can’t stay longer.  We are supposed to be at dinner in a few minutes and I think I can hear Jamie pacing in the hallway.  Have a great week.  I hope to get on the ball this week and check in more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment