Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Brunch

Once again, we meet here for Sunday Brunch.  I can’t wait to hear about everything that is going on in your life.  It’s been a long week and we have much to talk about.

Scott has been gone for a week, and I really miss him.  He continues to send me pictures every day of his time in Hawaii.  He is having fun with his family, but I get the sense he is overwhelmed at times.  Tomorrow he and Laura fly to another island for a few days.  It seems like every other day they are on a flight to somewhere.  The pictures he sends me make me wish I was with him. It feels strange that he is on vacation without me.

IMG_0041 (1024x683)

If we were meeting for brunch today I would tell you that I don’t understand why it is that our dogs run away when they know that Scott isn’t here.  They take total advantage of me; and I thought I was the fun parent!

I would talk about how I have started a new habit of drinking hot tea at night.  Maybe it’s because it is so cold outside and a hot cup of tea is comforting after a long day.  I would ask you if you have any little rituals that you do every day.

I might have to end today’s brunch a little early as I have bookclub this afternoon.  This month we read Unbroken.

unbroken-cover_custom

I don’t know how I felt about this book.  There were times when I had to put it down because I couldn’t stop crying.  It’s disturbing to me what man is capable of doing to another man.  I would ask you what you are currently reading.

I would give you a report on our annual Employee Appreciation Dinner that we had last night.  It takes so much planning and Kim and I worked our butts off.  The dinner went off without a hitch and I think everyone had a great time.  I would tell you all about a new venue that we have in town that we used this year.  I am pretty sure that we will use this place again.

IMG_8939

The room was decorated so beautifully.  It was such a change from the hall at the fairgrounds.

IMG_8948

Everyone got extra dressed up this year.  It’s the one occasion that I buy a new dress for.  It definitely is a fashion show among the women.  The men, well, they usually wear their Class A dress uniforms.  Again, they get off easy with the whole wardrobe part.

If we were meeting for brunch today I would tell you that next week is my brother-in-laws 40th birthday.  I have no idea what to get him.  This is going to be the challenge this week.  I would tell you that next week I am making a trip up north, but I will fill you in on those details next Sunday.

Of course we would have to talk about what we are watching on TV.  Aside from the regular reality TV shows, I am totally hooked on the newest Masterpiece Theatre on PBS, Downton Abby.

downton Abbey

This is a wonderful British show which takes place between 1918 and 1920.  Not only does it tell the story of the rich British family and their struggle to marry their oldest daughter to the man destined to inherit their manor, but it also tell the story of the help that live downstairs.  Part three of four is on tonight and I can’t wait to see what will happen next.  Remember last week I told you that we cut our cable way back?  This has encouraged me to watch more educational programs rather than cheesy movies.

Well, it’s been nice visiting with you again.  I hope everything is going well with your family.  Hugs!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment