Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Brunch Together

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could meet every Sunday and enjoy brunch together.  We could catch up on what happened over the last week, talk about important issues, fill each other in on what is coming up, and basically just gossip for an hour or so. Unfortunately we can’t meet every week, but we can have a “virtual” Sunday brunch.

Coffee

If we met for brunch today, I would tell you that things at work have been very stressful lately.  Next Saturday is our Employee Appreciation Dinner and Kim and I have planned and prepared the whole thing.  We expect one of the largest turnouts this year and we are trying a new venue.  I think that both Kim and I are most excited about the venue.  I will be sure to bring pictures next Sunday when we have brunch.

I would tell you that last night we went to another retirement dinner for someone we worked with.  Why is it that a retirement dinner is like a memorial service for someone who isn’t dead yet.  Sitting there listening to people talk about the kind of guy that John “was” makes it sound like he is no more.  It’s bitter sweet.  I probably don’t have to tell you that I shed a few tears last night listening to people say all the nice things they did.  It’s hard not to get choked up when these guys who are supposed to be so tough get choked up speaking. 

If we met for brunch today we would talk about politics for a few minutes.  The discussion would probably head towards the negativity of politics and how we can’t expect anything positive to come out of the current political environment.  We might agree to disagree and move on to a lighter topic.

I would ask your opinion on this Netflix movie thing.  We have decided in our house to cancel our current cable package.  We have every channel that is pretty much available.  Why?  It’s just the two of us and I find that we spend way too much time watching the same movies over and over.  We have cut back to the most basic cable and signed up for the free month of Netflix.  So far, this seems to be working great for us.  In addition, I would let you know that we have also cut our home phone line.  This was a tough decision for Scott, since he has had this number for over 20 years.  It’s reach a point where we both use our cell phones more than the home phone and it’s one more way to simplify our lives.

We might discuss the change in our birth signs.  I am still a little sore about this topic, so we might cut this conversation short because I might get a little loud and draw some attention to us.

If we met for brunch today I would tell you how tomorrow is a holiday from work.  I love these three day weekends.  I am spending my Monday off traveling to Medford.  Hoping to take advantage of some of those holiday sales. I am on the look out for a pair of boots, a new dress, and a new purse.  But really I am heading to Medford to drop off my husband at the airport.  He is flying to Hawaii for almost two weeks.   I have asked him to email me pictures during his trip so that I can keep you up on his travels.

After enjoying our limited time together, we would split the bill, walk to our cars, and give each other a hug.  We would remind each other of next Sunday and wish each other a great week!

1 comment: