Monday, April 25, 2011

Sunday (Monday) Brunch

I know we are a day late meeting, but yesterday was Easter Sunday and we were busy visiting family.  Stay tuned for more on that adventure.

This past week was Crazy (yes Crazy with a capital “C”)!  Meetings, meetings, and more meetings.  Fortunately, a lot of good things are going to come from these meetings, so in the end it is worth it.

Wednesday I made an up and back trip to Salem.  Some people think that it’s crazy to drive nine hours in one day for a four hour meeting.  Believe me, there are some days that I think that is crazy. Lucky for me I was able to catch a baseball game along the way.

My nephew is playing high school baseball for the first year.  I was so proud to watch him play.  He is definitely one of the leaders on the team.  I can’t wait to see where this goes for him.

IMG_0594

IMG_0604

IMG_0605

IMG_0611

I just need a minute to get past the fact that he plays for the high school that is my high school’s arch rival.  It’s still a little hard to cheer for the Bulldogs.  Good thing I have a few years to get used to this.

The only night that I was home this week, Thursday, I was able to get out and enjoy a little bit of the sunshine (yes, it was still only 46 degrees). 

IMG_5362

IMG_5390

Sometimes when I need a brake, Mack steps in and does some digging for me.  Sometimes I don’t actually need a brake, but he wants to help anyway.

IMG_5394

Daisy’s not into that so much.  She’s more embarrassed that people driving by probably think I am a crazy homeless person.  I really didn’t know I looked so crazy until I saw these pictures.

Saturday we drove North to celebrate Easter with my family.  Saturday was spent catching up on our shopping.  Thanks for buying the full-size truck honey.  Somehow I still managed to fill it with a trip to Costco.

Once again, my mom cooked an awesome dinner!

IMG_6184

What would Easter be without an Easter egg hunt?  My sister brought the eggs and after dinner, she and I ran outside to hide them. 

IMG_6190

Hmmm, and we thought that no one was watching! This is how my sister hides eggs:

IMG_6201

This is how my niece finds eggs:

IMG_6225

My nephew’s a little more easy-going about it:

IMG_6229

My niece may get her competitiveness from her dad:

IMG_6238

She was the first to find her limit of 16 eggs.  (Did I mention that there was a limit of 16 eggs per person.)

IMG_6246

Everyone participated in the festivities.  There was good stuff in them eggs!  I do wonder now though how it is that my dad seemed to end up with all the eggs that had money in them.

IMG_6247

All of the easy eggs had been found, and now the seriousness took over:

IMG_6258

It’s a big party foul to have more than 16 eggs.

IMG_6262

The final egg was found by my mom:

IMG_6274

We were so lucky to have about a fifteen minute break to go outside.  Everyone had a great time.  I enjoy the time I get to spend with my family.

But today was back to the grindstone.  Kim and I are participating in Operation Prom Night at work and we spent four hours this morning standing in the middle of the high school track while it rained and hailed and snowed.  Then it rained and hailed and snowed some more.  My body feels like it will never get warm again.  I think I will take a nice hot bath before going to bed.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment