Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Brunch

Oh, another week down and a very busy week to come.  Scott and I didn’t even bother going to the grocery store today because we won’t be home any nights this week together.  We are pretty excited that we get to see our family next weekend for Easter!

How was your week?  If we were meeting for coffee today, I would invite you to my house to enjoy a cup made fresh from my new Keurig Coffee makers.  We have drank more coffee and tea in the last couple of days just because it’s so easy to make!  It’s nice to not have to make a full pot just to have one cup.

Coffee

This past week seemed to be all about work.  Tuesday night I went to a meeting regarding our upcoming “Operation Prom Night” presentation.  I will post more about this in a couple of weeks.  It’s kinda top secret right now.  Friday I spent the day at work all by myself.  it was so great to get a ton of stuff done.  Friday night I went to a training regarding creating and planning for non-profits.  We are currently creating a Foundation at work and this training was excellent.  I only wish that everyone on the Foundation attended the training.  It continued on through all-day Saturday.  Really felt like another day at work.

Saturday night was a retirement dinner for two of the Captains that we worked with.  Coincidently, they also happened to be brothers.  The night was great, and ended with one of them proposing to his long-time girlfriend!

IMG_5719

It was perfect and there wasn’t a dry eye in the room.

One thing that came out of Saturday night was an impromptu reunion of the “old city guys”.  See, there used to be two fire departments in our town, the City and the Fire District.  About 18 years ago, they merged to make the Fire District that we currently have.  There are very few of the “old city guys” left.  In fact, there are only four still working.  Yes, Scott happens to be one of them.  He is in the running to be the last one, and I am encouraging him to stick it out and be the last one.

Back to this reunion, since there were a couple of the guys that had come to town just for the retirement party, they decided to get together this morning and take some pictures.  Sadly, there were a few that could not make it.

IMG_0495

These guys would have stayed all day, swapping stories.  It was so good to see the young guys work their way in on the storytelling.  I could see that they were listening with a type of jealously, wishing that they could have been there too.

IMG_0500

These guys are pretty proud of the legacy they left for others!  Not to be outdone, the wives also had to have their picture taken.

IMG_0464

We were really having a good time, but we had to cut it short and head to a wedding.  To add to my day of firsts, I actually attended a wedding in a horse arena, where the bride came down the aisle on a horse!  There were horses in the bridal party!  One on each side, which the bride and groom then rode out on.  That was definitely a first for me.

Don’t worry, I did have some time to get out in the yard and do some digging.  I did warn some of the neighbors about what I am doing.  I am getting some strange looks from people driving by.  A few have even slowed down. It’s an adventure and I can’t wait so share more pictures with you.  Scott is threating making me get a tetanus shot with all the cuts on my fingers.

I should get going.  The laundry isn’t going to do itself.  I can’t wait to meet next week and share all the adventures that I have planned for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment