Sunday, December 26, 2010

I Got a Brand New Pair of Roller Skates

Christmas is officially over for this year.  The presents have been opened, the wrapping paper has been gathered up for the recycling, and the tree is now located in the far corner of the yard (under the four inches of snow we got today).

Now what?  There is such a build up to the holidays.  But now I am sitting here and for the first time in a while, I am doing nothing.  It feels kinda nice.  Four days to work this week and then another three-day weekend.  What to do, what to do?

This year my niece brought her favorite holiday side dish to Christmas dinner:

IMG_8749

Do you recognize this dish?  It’s from the movie Christmas Vacation.  Lucky for all of us, my sister doesn’t have a cat so they had to improvise and use Cheerios instead.

Someday I may outgrow sitting on the kid side of the table:

IMG_8756

Who am I kidding?  I love the kid side.  We took six pictures to get this one.  Trust me, it’s the best of the bunch.  We were having too much fun.

Speaking of fun:

IMG_8758

My sister is a pro at getting people to smile for pictures.  She’ll use any tactic. You don’t want to know what she did to get my mom to laugh.

Meanwhile, back at the fire station:

IMG_9637

Scott’s crew was having issues getting the oven to stay lit.  They still managed to enjoy a spiral ham with several homemade side dishes.

All in all, it was a good Christmas.  I am glad that the weather held off long enough for us all to travel safely.  I am happy that I got to see my family and have Scott and the boys home for Christmas day.  Everyone got what they asked for. 

One last thing.  Another reason Dawn is my best friend is because she knows how to give that gift that you truly want, but that no one else will get you.

IMAG0024

I GOT A BRAND NEW PAIR OF ROLLER SKATES!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. wooooo hoooo on the roller skates!!!! I know how badly you wanted them - Dawn wins for best gift giving of the year!!! you should make her a sash and a crown. Tell her to practice her princess wave - we need to hold a parade for her!
    So did you get another sling shot or appliance from Scott? Matt got me ... a razor knife, a screw driver and a microwave. I'll let the microwave slide since I asked for it - the the other two? doesn't he know they can be used as weapons? dumb men! ;)
    Merry Christmas, friend, see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete