Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Warm House

Our neck of the woods is experiencing the first round of winter cold weather, although winter won’t officially be here for almost another month. If this is a preview of what’s to come, it could be a long, cold winter.





The snow has been falling for a few days. Last night the temperature dropped to almost record levels. The airport registered -7. On the way to work, my car registered -2. I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen the negative mark on the temperature gauge before.


I wasn’t ready to leave my warm house this morning. It was the kind of day that said “stay inside, enjoy the snow from the warm couch!” Then reality spoke up and said “get your coat on and get to work before you are late!”


Driving to work this morning, I realized how thankful I am to have a warm house. There are too many people who don’t have that luxury. It’s not a luxury; it’s a necessity. We have been blessed in our lives to not be in the position to have to choose between life’s necessities. That is definitely something to be thankful for!


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Family, friends, a warm house, a good job, and good health; these are a few of the things I am thankful for.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment