Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Boys

On a list of things that I am thankful for, these three boys would rank at the top.


Yesterday we attempted to take our annual family picture. We drove to Oakridge because it was a central place for us to all meet. Once we reached the top of the pass, it started to rain. It shouldn’t surprise me. It’s the rainy season on the west side.


We had to adapt and overcome this obstacle. We decided on a covered bridge in the town of Westfir. This allowed us a place with a little bit of shelter to stand under. There was also a covered picnic area that we used. It wasn’t the ideal, but we made it work.


I look at these pictures and I wonder when these boys became these men. When they first came into my life, they were 10 and 12. Now they are 20 and 22. I have watched them go through some pretty significant phases in their lives. I remember the days, early on, when they thought their dad knew everything in the world. Then we went through the phase where he was the stupidest person on earth. Now they are back around to thinking he might not be so stupid after all.


I can’t believe that they are productive members of society. Not that I didn’t think they wouldn’t be. It’s just that I can’t believe that they are at this point in their lives. They have full-time, adult jobs; they support themselves on their own; they call on a regular basis to check-in; they are even coming back around to having their annual picture taken.


I love them very much and I am so proud of the men they have grown into. I am so thankful that they are a part of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment