Saturday, November 6, 2010

Our Love/Hate Relationship

No I am not talking about Scott and I. I am talking about Ellie and I. What, you don’t know who Ellie is? Well, let me introduce you….


This is Ellie. She came into my life about a year ago when I decided I had reached a point where I couldn’t continue to eat ice cream for dinner and expect my metabolism to keep up. It was a tough realization for me and some days I am still in denial.

Ellie and I have a love/hate relationship. She loves to taunt me and I hate to even look her way when I walk by her. She loves to make time go so slow, and I hate to look down at the clock and see that what felt like five minutes was actually only 30 seconds. She loves to make me work hard, and I, well frankly I hate to sweat.

I don’t need any more excuses. Trust me I have used them all. I am too hungry; I am too full; it’s too close to bed time; it’s too early in the morning; my exercise clothes are dirty; my exercise clothes are clean and I don’t want to dirty them; I exercised four days ago and that was close enough; and my personal favorite, I walked up and down the stairs at work three times today which counts as my daily exercise!

The other night, Ellie and I were having some bonding time when it hit me. I should really look at her in a different light. Ellie helped me to realize that I should be thankful that I have the ability to exercise. Why should I complain that I am tired after 20 minutes when there are far too many people in this world who don’t have that choice? I realized how lucky I am that I am healthy and for that I am thankful.

Now, Ellie and I have a date to watch Cash Cab together.

No comments:

Post a Comment