Sunday, January 6, 2013

40 x 40 - 13. Complete Project 366 (Final Update)

Take a picture every day for an entire year.  It sounded pretty easy when we committed to Project 366.  Both Scott and I like to take pictures, and one or the both of us always has our camera with us.  Plus, with the capability of taking a decent photo with our phones, we had the opportunity o take a photo pretty much 24 hours a day.

So why were some days harder than others?  On more than one evening, the last words I muttered to Scott before we went to sleep were "did you remember to take a photo of something today?".  I am proud to say that we did take at least one photo every single day.  We ran into a slight problem when the SD card in my camera stopped working and we were not able to get about five days worth of photos off it.  We had backup photos for four of the days, but we did lose the photo for one day.  I know in my heart that we took a photo, so I had to get past that one and move forward.  We replaced that day's photo with one of the broken SD card.  After a few tense moments, I came to the conclusion that it was just part of the project.

Since the project is officially complete, I can cross it off my 40 x 40 list.  I can also catch you up with a few of my favorites from days 201-366. 

Day 212 - The day I stepped outside to find my cat but found this very large bug on my front porch!

Edited Day 212

Day 223 - The day we came home from a trip and found this really cool new yard ornament courtesy of our friends the Hoskins.

Edited Day 223

Day 227 - The day that Scott spent out on he Barry Point Fire.  

Edited Day 227

Day 261 - The day that Scott and Scotty went out hunting.

Edited Day 261

Day 274 - The day that we walked down to the river and Mack refused to come back home.  He would spend all day swimming if we let him.

274

Day 277 - The day that Kim and I went on the local farm tour.

277

Day 294 - That day that Scotty, Scott, and Nick went to the Boise State football game.

294

Day 303 - The day that Tonja and I went to the see The Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Ross Ragland Theater.

303

Day 308 - The Saturday morning I backed through the garage door and officially trapped myself at home for two days until Scott got home from Ski Patrol.

308

Day 315 - The day we (Scott) re-ran the cable under the house to set-up his man cave.

315

Day 319 - The day the chickens figured out how to turn on their white light inside their coop all by themselves.

319

Day 328 - The day Dawn and I went shopping at 3:00am to get the best of the Black Friday deals.

328

Day 330 - The day Daisy discovered what happens when….well, I think this one speaks for itself.

330

Day 337 - The day that the rain soaked through the newspaper and made a heart shaped watermark when I opened it.

337

Day 359 - The day that Georgia and I got the same scarf (from two different people) for Christmas.

359

Day 360 - The day we went ice skating for Christmas.

360

Day 363 - The day my husband asked me out on a lunch date, then drove me four hours to Denio, Nevada for a famous Denio Burger.

363

Day 366 - The final day of the project!

366

Both Scott and I agreed that it felt strange not taking a photo on day 367.  Now I just have to figure out what I am going to do with all these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment