Sunday, April 15, 2012

40 x 40 - 13. Complete Project 366 (Update)

105 Days have passed since we started Project 366.  This is the project where we take one photo a day for an entire year.  I thought I would take a moment and catch you all up on a few of the photos we have taken so far.

Edited Day 34

Day 34 – It’s hard to get up to Albany to see my niece and nephew play sports.  It’s a big part of their life and time is flying by to get this opportunity.  I made a point to get up to see Austin play basketball.  (In case you were wondering, he did sink this three-pointer!)

Edited Day 41

Day 41 – Decorating for the annual Employee Appreciation Dinner.  This year, we decided to take down the prom decorations leftover from the last event held at the venue.

Edited Day 51

Day 51 – This would be why some days it’s so cold in our bedroom.  When we can’t find Lae’ula, it’s usually a pretty good bet that she is hiding under my nightstand, on top of the heater vent!

Edited Day 55

Day 55 – Where else can you buy seafood, batteries, a porch light, and a toilet?  Costco of course.

Edited Day 66

Day 66 – I am fairly certain this is why none of my spring bulbs came up this year.

Edited Day 71

Day 71 – After hearing so much about the Hunger Games trilogy, I decided to breakdown and at least read the first one. I purchased the last paperback copy that WalMart had. I sat down one Sunday and was instantly hooked.  I couldn’t put it down!  I was reading along when suddenly the story stopped making sense.  From one page to another, it didn’t see to flow.  I had this strange feeling that I had read this part before.  Then I realized that the book went from page 121 back to page 90.  Repeated those 30 pages and then went from page 121 to page 153.  I was missing 30 pages in the middle of the book!!!!  Ugh, that will teach me not to buy a book at WalMart!!!!

Edited Day 77

Day 77 – We celebrated St. Patrick’s Day with Shepard's Pie and green beer.

Edited Day 80

Day 80 – Welcome to the first official day of Spring.

Edited Day 96

Day 96 – It was an honor to be a part of the funeral service for Sam Warren.  Stay tuned for a future blog article on Sam.

Edited Day 99

Day 99 – What would Easter be without an Easter egg hunt.  Thank goodness the Easter bunny (i.e. my sister) remembered the eggs.

Edited Day 103

Day 103 – Scott’s last shift as an B-shift Captain.  His great crew sent him off to his new adventure with cake and ice cream.

Looking back through these pictures, I am inspired to continue with this project.  It will be a great book of memories when we are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment